Below you will find descriptions of our available job openings. Take a look, and if you think you fit the description, fill out the form at the bottom of the page!
Operates Dash-8 100/300 aircraft
Rotations: three months on, one month off
Travel, meals, accommodation, health insurance provided
- Must be current on Dash-8 100/300 aircraft
- ATPL required
- have min. 3000 total hrs
- have min. 1700 hrs pilot in command
- have min. 1000 hrs on type
- have min. 1500 total hrs
- have min. 500 hrs pilot in command
- have min. 200 hrs on type
- Valid CRM Cert.
- Valid Aviation Security Cert.
- Valid Emergency Procedures Cert.
- Valid Emergency First Aid Cert.
- Kenyan certification will be considered a strong asset
Supports fleet of Dash-8 100/300 aircraft
Rotation: three months on, one month off
Accommodation, food, transportation provided and medical insurance provided
- ICAO or JAA license type rating on Dash-8 100/300, with recent practical type experience.
- Willing to travel and work at company’s outstations.
- We require devoted and competent people who are able to work in challenging environments
- Kenyan certification will be considered a strong asset.
Location: Goma, DR Congo
Length of the assignment: 1 year renewable
DAC Aviation is the largest operator of Dash-8 in Africa and specialized in humanitarian air transport. Our main project in DR Congo is ECHO FLIGHT, which provides to humanitarian organizations, UN Organizations and International Organizations a safe and reliable air transport service for both passengers and cargo.
DAC Aviation is seeking an exceptional, driven and experienced individual with demonstrated strong managerial, logistics, financial and administrative skills. The successful candidate will ensure the smooth and efficient running of DAC Aviation outstations (Kinshasa, Bunia and Goma), operations in DR Congo and will report to the Program Director, based in Nairobi.
This important role will represent DAC Aviation in DR Congo and will maintain excellent working relationship with local authorities and other stakeholders in the country.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
People Resources and Administration
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training, coaching and evaluating people resources
- Implement the Company Policies & Procedures and Practices and oversees that the Code of Conduct is adhered to at all times
- Chairs & supervises various monthly meetings; responsible for all record keeping of meeting minutes.
- Responsible for the renewal and follow up of all the contracts signed by DAC Aviation in DR Congo in accordance with local laws
- Keeps organizational chart and job descriptions current
- Continuously look for better methods to improve communications and reporting systems between field bases and Head Office in Nairobi.
- Develop budget, monitor expenses, draft financial reports;
- Manage, control and organize the payment of all suppliers in DR Congo
- Responsible for DAC Aviation payroll in DR Congo - 75 staff
- Guarantee the supply of cash for all field offices in DR Congo
- Manage with cost efficiency accommodation, food and transport for staff and crew
- Administer the appropriate recording & reports of all expenditures as per monthly deadlines
- Responsible for Jet A1 fuel setting up in DR Congo
Logistics and IT
- Responsible for all local procurement according to DAC Aviation policies and procedures;
- Responsible for all DAC Aviation facilities (3 offices and 3 crew houses) and Equipment in DR Congo
- Ensure all crew houses have the following services functioning at all time: electricity, water supplies (hot water for shower/bath), Internet, DSTV, meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) and access to transportation 24h/7.
- Update, manage and account for both stores & assets inventory according to DAC Aviation policies and procedures on a monthly basis;
- Ensure Internet connection works efficiently without interruptions; research and advise on ways to improve field base Information System if required;
- Ensure all computers and peripheral hardware are properly maintained or repaired as required; ensure all stations are protected from viruses, etc.;
- Supervise the coordination of travel plans for national and expatriate staff as well as guests, and arrange visas.
- Ensure all stations and/or servers have back-ups at all time.
- Supervises the monthly reporting for all logistic matters according to DAC Aviation policies and procedures
- Develop and update security plan for all DAC Aviation offices and Crew houses in DR Congo;
- In charge of DAC Aviation staff’s security in DR Congo;
- Monitors and follows closely the security situation in the region and provide day-to-day security briefing to staff, visitors and advise Head Office accordingly;
- Responsible for the timely renewal of the entire DAC aircrafts' licenses in DR Congo to ensure no interruption of the operation;
- Monitor and maintain high quality of service as per DAC’s standards;
- Take control and deal with partner organizations who may not respect SOPs and/or may jeopardize the safety and security of our operations;
- In collaboration with the Air Operation Manager, responsible for the overall discipline, welfare and morale of crew;
- In conjunction with the operation department, maintain proper records of flight operation information (i.e. ledgers, FHS, Manifest, Tech sheets)
- Supervise the compilation of statistical records on a monthly basis
- Supervise the reservation department and the implementation of the on line reservation system
- Supervise the Operation Team in their function of collecting and disseminating information as appropriate;
- Strong leadership and demonstrated organizational, management and supervisory skills in a cross-cultural situation and stressful environment;
- Excellent communicator with integrity, honesty, sense of urgency, driven, hard working, flexible, strong negotiator and team building skills;
- Report writing skills, ability to concisely report facts accurately;
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
- Monitoring/Assessing your own performance as well as other individuals; make improvements and take the appropriate corrective action;
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one;
- Management of People Resources: Motivation, developing and directing people as they work;
- Critical thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approached to problems.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Degree or Advanced Education in Administration, Business, Management, Logistics, or related field;
- At least 4 to 5 years experience in operations and office management;
- Experience in the aviation industry is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of and working experience in the region;
- Experience in working in a high risk security environment and proactive in recognizing possible security breach and resolving issues beforehand;
- Flexible and the ability to adapt;
- Commitment to increase the capacity of national staff;
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and other Office applications as well as ERP systems;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English and working knowledge of Swahili is a strong asset;
- Extraordinary organizational skills, attention to detail and quality control;
- Ability to work independently, adept at problem resolution and supervision of support staff;
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles.
Join the proud team of professionals at DAC Aviation in the journey to making the difference. Along with your career profile, introduce yourself with a brief cover letter at: email@example.com. Candidates whose background best corresponds to this important role will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate all expressions of interest and know all career profiles are retained for future DAC opportunities. We thank you for choosing DAC.